Search

Custom Search

Friday, January 10, 2014

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Breckenridge

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Breckenridge, is beautifully situated .1 miles from excellently groomed ski slopes. If you want a good place for a base camp, this is it.


After a long week of work in Colorado Springs, I set aside some time to ski. I hadn't skied in many years, but couldn't resist the chance to go since I was so close.

I drove the two and a half hours of scenic byways and arrived exactly where my GPS led. It seems Breckenidge has it's own weather system including snow and with temperatures at least 20 degrees below what Colorado Springs experienced.

I checked my car with the professional valet team and went to check in with the desk. I was immediately thanked for my Hilton Honors loyalty and status by a sincere reception host. When I couldn't find my driver's license, I presented my retired military identification card. He didn't miss a beat and thanked me for my service. Oh yeah, they had me then.

He handed me my room key, internet details and how to get my complimentary breakfast only available to Gold and Diamond members. He also notified me that I was eligible to join a group skiing what is called "First Tracks", the first group on the mountain. Could this get any better.

After settling in my room, I walked about a mile in the snowy 19 degree weather to pick up my ski rentals for the next day. I rented from Base Mountain Sports. They were very great to work with. The walk reminded me of my skiing back in the European villages. It was perfect. I got back to my room by 6:30, changed then explored a place to eat dinner. 

After another pleasant walk, I ended up going to eat at Kenosha Steak House where I enjoyed the buffalo chili and Spinach & Quinoa Salad. Both were full of flavor and I recommend you go with an appetite. After dinner, I headed back to my room for a good night sleep.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment